There was an error in this gadget

Wednesday, July 06, 2011

MONSTER Zucchini

Below are  gorgeous zucchini squash blossoms. The leaves are so large they provide shade by covering the zucchinis and I really have to poke around in there among the stems and flowers to find the squash that are growing.  Last night we had a small, tender zucchini  mixed with tomatoes, poblano peppers, basil and thyme -- ALL from our garden! There's nothing better than fresh veggies you pick from your own backyard garden. YUM!







I harvested this zucchini about a week ago. It measures 16 inches long and 4 1/4 inches wide at the bottom and 2 1/4 inches at the stem end. WOW! I will be making zucchini bread today.
Here's the link to the recipe I will be following. I'll let you know how it turns out!

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/moms-zucchini-bread/detail.aspx
See blogs and businesses for USA

No comments: